Tradition since 1907
The Leo Laboratory is founded in the attic of the Löwen Pharmacy in Dresden‘s Old Market by the pharmacist and chemist Dr. Ottomar Heinsius von Mayenburg (1865-1932). Development of the Chlorodont toothpaste, the first machine-made toothpaste, filled in metal tubes
Construction of the Leo factory in Dresden‘s New City, the current location of DENTAL -Kosmetik GmbH & Co. KG
The Leo factory becomes Europe‘s largest toothpaste manufacturer with its 1000 workers and 27 branches in Germany, Europe and overseas. Apart from oral and dental care products, cosmetics and pharmaceutical specialties (such as the famous Leo Cream and the Leo Pills) are also produced.
Wartime production and ”people‘s health-related” information for proper dental care
The Dresden bombings damage the Leo factory. At the end of the war, production is resumed at the main factory in Dresden; the company is rebuilt step-by-step
Nationalization of the Leo factory
The VEB Elbe-Chemie is the specialized factory and sole manufacturer of oral and dental products in the GDR
Corporate reorganization to DENTAL-Kosmetik GmbH & Co. KG , administered by the Berlin trust agency; opening of a new production building with the most advanced production equipment
Privatization of the company; the sole proprietor becomes ARGENTA Internationale Anlagegesellschaft mbH Munich
The modernization and reconstruction of the production and administration buildings as well as permanent investments create outstanding working conditions. State-of-the-art production facilities, laboratories and engineering rooms for research and quality assurance
100th anniversary of the company; corporate history exhibit at the German Hygiene Museum in Dresden. Publication of a factory chronicle and an anniversary edition of the Chlorodont toothpaste
A factory museum on the company premises is set up
Functional optimization of the company premises through reconversion of operationally unnecessary buildings. Creation of optimum logistics conditions for our suppliers.